French vocabulary list: Society
Learning the vocabulary related to society is an essential part of mastering the French language.
This list of English-French words will introduce you to some of the most common terms related to society, including social classes, institutions, and more.
- Society – la société
- Culture – la culture
- Community – la communauté
- Class – la classe
- Social class – la classe sociale
- Working class – la classe ouvrière
- Middle class – la classe moyenne
- Upper class – la classe supérieure
- Institution – l’institution (f)
- Government – le gouvernement
- Democracy – la démocratie
- Monarchy – la monarchie
- Dictatorship – la dictature
- Citizenship – la citoyenneté
- Freedom – la liberté
- Equality – l’égalité
- Justice – la justice
- Law – la loi
- Politics – la politique
- Activism – le militantisme
This list of English-French vocabulary related to society will help you to understand and communicate about some of the most important concepts and institutions in the French language.
By mastering this vocabulary, you’ll be better equipped to navigate the complex social and political landscape of France and other French-speaking countries.