Most commonly used French words: Verbs with se
Learning French verbs is an essential part of building your French vocabulary. In this English-French vocabulary list, we’ve compiled some of the most commonly used French verbs with “se”. These reflexive verbs indicate that the subject is performing the action on themselves, and are essential for expressing everyday actions and emotions.
Whether you’re a beginner or looking to expand your vocabulary, mastering these reflexive verbs will help you become more fluent and confident in speaking French. So, let’s take a look at the top “Verbs with ‘se'” in French that you should know!
- Se lever – to get up
- Se laver – to wash oneself
- Se brosser – to brush (one’s hair, teeth)
- Se maquiller – to put on makeup
- Se changer – to change clothes
- Se coucher – to go to bed
- Se réveiller – to wake up
- Se promener – to take a walk
- Se concentrer – to concentrate
- Se rappeler – to remember
- Se souvenir – to remember
- Se demander – to wonder
- Se dépêcher – to hurry
- Se fâcher – to get angry
- Se moquer – to make fun of
- Se taire – to be silent
- Se détendre – to relax
- Se marier – to get married
- Se séparer – to separate
- Se mettre – to put on
This list includes some of the most commonly used French verbs with “se”. These verbs are reflexive, meaning they indicate that the subject is performing the action on themselves. Whether you’re learning French as a beginner or looking to expand your vocabulary, mastering these reflexive verbs will allow you to better express yourself in everyday conversation.