Easy French Words to Learn: Shops and shopping
Shopping is an essential activity that we engage in regularly. It involves visiting various shops and stores to purchase goods and services.
When you visit a French-speaking country, it is essential to know the names of different types of shops and the items sold in them.
This vocabulary list provides a comprehensive list of French words that will enable you to communicate with French-speaking shop attendants and shopkeepers effectively.
- La boutique – Shop
- Le magasin – Store
- La boulangerie – Bakery
- La pâtisserie – Pastry shop
- La librairie – Bookstore
- La papeterie – Stationery shop
- La parfumerie – Perfume shop
- La pharmacie – Pharmacy
- La bijouterie – Jewelry store
- Le supermarché – Supermarket
- La poissonnerie – Fishmonger
- La boucherie – Butcher shop
- La charcuterie – Delicatessen
- La fromagerie – Cheese shop
- La cave à vin – Wine shop
- La quincaillerie – Hardware store
- La droguerie – Household goods store
- Le magasin de vêtements – Clothing store
- Le magasin de chaussures – Shoe store
- Le magasin de jouets – Toy store
- Le magasin de musique – Music store
- Le magasin de sport – Sports store
- La grande surface – Department store
- La épicerie – Grocery store
- Le marchand de journaux – Newsstand
- La boutique de cadeaux – Gift shop
- La mercerie – Sewing supplies store
- Le marché – Market
- La galerie commerciale – Shopping mall
- Le kiosque – Kiosk
This English-French vocabulary list contains some of the most commonly used words and phrases related to shops and shopping. These words will help you communicate with French-speaking shopkeepers and attendants effectively.
With this knowledge, you can make the most of your shopping experience and avoid any confusion that may arise due to a language barrier.