10 French basic sentences: Introducing yourself and someone
Introducing yourself and someone is one of the most fundamental and essential things to learn when studying a new language. In this blog post, we will explore ten basic French sentences to help you introduce yourself and someone else.
- Bonjour, je m’appelle [votre nom]. (Hello, my name is [your name].)
Use this sentence to introduce yourself to someone.
- Je suis [nationalité]. (I am [nationality].)
Use this sentence to share your nationality or cultural background.
- Je viens de [ville / pays]. (I’m from [city / country].)
Use this sentence to share your place of origin or where you’re from.
- Enchanté(e) de vous rencontrer. (Nice to meet you.)
Use this sentence to express pleasure in meeting someone.
- Voici [nom de la personne]. (This is [person’s name].)
Use this sentence to introduce someone else to a third person.
- C’est mon ami(e). (This is my friend.)
Use this sentence to introduce someone as your friend.
- Elle / il est [profession ou occupation]. (She / he is a [profession or occupation].)
Use this sentence to introduce someone’s profession or occupation.
- Nous sommes étudiants. (We are students.)
Use this sentence to introduce yourself and others as students.
- Je parle [langue(s)]. (I speak [language(s)].)
Use this sentence to share your language skills or proficiency.
- Et vous, comment vous appelez-vous ? (And you, what is your name?)
Use this sentence to ask for someone’s name in a polite manner.
In conclusion, these ten basic French sentences for introducing yourself and someone else can help you communicate effectively and confidently with others. Whether you’re meeting someone for the first time, introducing a friend or acquaintance, or simply sharing information about yourself, these sentences will help you navigate your conversations in French. With practice, you will be able to use these sentences effortlessly and communicate effectively in a French-speaking environment.