10 French travel phrases: At the hotel
When traveling to a French-speaking country and staying at a hotel, it’s important to know some essential French phrases to communicate with hotel staff. In this blog post, we will explore ten French travel phrases for use at the hotel.
- Bonjour, j’ai une réservation. (Hello, I have a reservation.)
This phrase is useful when checking in at the hotel and letting the staff know that you have a reservation.
- Je voudrais réserver une chambre. (I would like to book a room.)
Use this phrase when you need to book a room at the hotel.
- Où est ma chambre ? (Where is my room?)
Use this phrase when you need to know the location of your room.
- A quelle heure est le petit déjeuner ? (What time is breakfast?)
This phrase is useful when you want to know the time of the hotel’s breakfast service.
- Pouvez-vous m’aider à porter mes bagages ? (Can you help me with my luggage?)
Use this phrase when you need assistance with your luggage.
- Je voudrais un service de chambre. (I would like room service.)
Use this phrase when you want to order room service.
- Je voudrais régler ma note. (I would like to pay my bill.)
Use this phrase when you are ready to check out and pay for your stay at the hotel.
- Je ne suis pas satisfait(e) de ma chambre. (I am not satisfied with my room.)
Use this phrase when you are unhappy with your hotel room and need to communicate your concerns to the staff.
- Pouvez-vous me donner une clé supplémentaire ? (Can you give me an extra key?)
Use this phrase when you need an extra key for your room.
- Avez-vous un coffre-fort dans la chambre ? (Do you have a safe in the room?)
Use this phrase when you need to know if there is a safe in your hotel room.
In conclusion, these ten French travel phrases for use at the hotel can help you communicate effectively with hotel staff during your stay in a French-speaking country. Whether you need to book a room, order room service, or communicate your concerns to the staff, these phrases will help you navigate your hotel interactions in French. With practice, you will be able to use these phrases effortlessly and enjoy a comfortable and hassle-free stay at your French-speaking hotel.