10 French Useful Phrases: At the hospital
Going to the hospital can be a stressful experience, especially if you are in a foreign country and speaking a different language.
In this lesson, we will explore ten useful French phrases that can help you navigate a hospital visit.
- J’ai besoin d’un médecin. (I need a doctor.)
Use this phrase to express that you need to see a doctor.
- Je suis malade. (I am sick.)
Use this phrase to express that you are feeling ill.
- J’ai une urgence médicale. (I have a medical emergency.)
Use this phrase to express that you have a medical emergency.
- Où est le service des urgences ? (Where is the emergency room?)
Use this phrase to ask for the location of the emergency room.
- J’ai besoin d’une ambulance. (I need an ambulance.)
Use this phrase to request an ambulance.
- Je suis allergique à… (I am allergic to…)
Use this phrase to express any allergies you have.
- Je prends des médicaments pour… (I take medication for…)
Use this phrase to express any medications you are taking.
- Quand est-ce que je pourrai sortir ? (When can I be discharged?)
Use this phrase to ask when you will be able to leave the hospital.
- Combien cela va-t-il coûter ? (How much will this cost?)
Use this phrase to ask for the cost of medical treatment.
- Merci, le personnel médical est très gentil. (Thank you, the medical staff is very kind.)
Use this phrase to express your gratitude and appreciation for the medical staff.
In conclusion, these ten useful French phrases for navigating a hospital visit can help you communicate effectively and confidently with medical staff. Whether you need to express a medical emergency, request an ambulance, ask for the location of the emergency room, or inquire about the cost of treatment, these phrases will help you navigate your hospital visit in French. With practice, you will be able to use these phrases effortlessly and communicate effectively in a French-speaking medical environment.