Common French phrases: talking about yourself
If you’re learning French, being able to talk about yourself is a great way to start practicing the language. In this blog post, we’ll go over some common French phrases for talking about yourself.
- Je m’appelle ____. (My name is ____.) This phrase is used to introduce yourself.
- J’ai ____ ans. (I am ____ years old.) This phrase is used to express your age.
- Je viens de ____. (I am from ____.) This phrase is used to indicate where you come from.
- Je suis étudiant(e). (I am a student.) This phrase is used to indicate your occupation or current status.
- J’aime _____. (I like _____.) This phrase is used to express your interests or hobbies.
- Je parle _____. (I speak _____.) This phrase is used to indicate the languages you speak.
- J’ai ____ frères et sœurs. (I have ____ brothers and sisters.) This phrase is used to indicate the number of siblings you have.
- Je suis célibataire. (I am single.) This phrase is used to express your relationship status.
- Mon anniversaire est le _____. (My birthday is on _____.) This phrase is used to express your birthday.
- Je suis né(e) en ____. (I was born in ____.) This phrase is used to indicate your birthplace.
Learning these common French phrases can help you introduce yourself and communicate with others. Additionally, it’s helpful to learn some basic French vocabulary related to personal information, such as family members, occupations, and hobbies. With practice and persistence, you’ll soon be able to speak confidently about yourself in French.